Tuesday, July 14, 2009

People Are Like Crayons




The other day I was drawing a picture, like I normally do when I am bored. My sister came in and started to dig through the box full of crayons. She pulled out one in particular, a rainbow crayon that she had gotten in pre-school. She said, "I can't believe I still have this thing."

It has been at least 10 years since she got that stupid crayon,that might not seem like that long but it does to me. See every time I had tried to use that crayon she would tell me to ask first. I never could use either side of it alone or the color purple or red would fade away, which it has started to now. Sadly I would ask to use the crayon allot but only ended up using it when she wasn't mad at me.

Anyway ten years doesn't seem like that long of a time but.... in away crayons are like people. They com in different shapes,colors, sizes, and brands and they always end up fading away growing smaller and smaller. And you always have your memories about crayons.

How they would smell the first day of school.


What color your favorite one was.


The huge box of Crayolas that got melted in the sun.


Maybe even eating them.


But that stupid rainbow crayon made me realize something: you always have memories and I guess in some ways crayons can be like people.


No comments:

Post a Comment